一路 BBS

标题: Don't Introduce New Beau Before Divorce [打印本页]

作者: choi    时间: 6-8-2014 16:23
标题: Don't Introduce New Beau Before Divorce
Gerald Nissenbaum, Don't Introduce New Beau Before Divorce. Boston Herald, June 8, 2014.
bostonherald.com/entertainment/lifestyle/2014/06/don_t_introduce_new_beau_before_divorce

My comment:
(a) This is common sense, but for years I could not understand why people around me (in Massachusetts) and in the media (in the states) openly breached the protocol.

(b)
(i) Massachusetts General Laws, chapter 208 (heading: “Divorce”), section 31 (“Section 31 Custody of children; shared custody plans")
malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartII/TitleIII/Chapter208/Section31
(defining sole and shared “legal custody” and sole and shared “physical custody;” sentence 1 f the text: “In making an order or judgment relative to the custody of children, the rights of the parents shall, in the absence of misconduct, be held to be equal, and the happiness and welfare of the children shall determine their custody”)
(ii) See also
Mass Gen L, chap 208, Section 25 (“Divorce for adultery of wife; legitimacy of issue”) malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartII/TitleIII/Chapter208/Section25
("A divorce for adultery committed by the wife shall not affect the legitimacy of the issue of the marriage, but such legitimacy, if questioned, shall be tried and determined according to the course of the common law")
(A) In other words, adultery is an ground for divorce.
(B)
* issue: “[MASS NOUN] • formal or Law Children of one’s own <the earl died without male issue>”
www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/issue
* mass noun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_noun
(or uncountable noun)

(c) Mass Gen L, chap 272, section 14
malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter272/Section14
(Adultery)

In Massachusetts, prison is operated by the state for hard-core criminals, whereas house of correction (jail) by the county.

(d) “the legal yogi says: Best to keep secret boyfriend secret.”
(i) yogi (n; Sanskrit yogin, from yoga)
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/yogi
(ii) The “legal yogi” may be the author himself. I can not find anything close in the Web.

欢迎光临 一路 BBS (http://www.yilubbs.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2