搜索
查看: 920|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Actor Makes a Career of Getting Killed by Samurai

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 5-20-2014 17:15:18 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Jun Hongo, It’s a Living: Actor Makes a Career of Getting Killed by Samurai; In 50 years of sword fights, Mr Fukumoto sharpened skills; The dying prawn. Wall Street Journal, May 19, 2014 (front page).
online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB20001424052702304655304579547093505162448

, which is translated:

Jun Hongo, 「斬られ役」極めた福本清三、映画で初のスポットライト. ウォール・ストリート・ジャーナル日本版, May 15, 2014.
jp.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303923004579571353902441892

Note:
(a) Jun HONGŌ  本郷 淳 (The “hon” and “gō” are Chinese pronunciations of 本 and 郷, respectively.)
(b) “He is one of the top ‘kirareyaku’ 斬られ役 actors, stuntmen who specialize in being killed by the hero samurai in period movies and TV shows. * * * One of his signature moves is the 'ebi-zori,' or prawn bend, in which after being struck, he arches his body backward like a prawn, then goes into convulsions, twitching and grasping before dying. * * * Mr Fukumoto is getting his chance for the spotlight in a movie that opens in Japan in July. ‘Uzumasa Limelight,’ will be the first film in his career in which he plays the lead role. * * * ‘This time around I had lots of my own lines, which I'd blow so often and cause trouble for my co-stars,’ Mr Fukumoto said.”
(i) The “kiru” is the active form, whereas “kirareru” is passive 被动(式).

kiru 斬る 【きる】 (v): "to kill (a human) using a blade (sword, machete, knife, etc)"
(ii) The Japanese translation for “ebi-zori” is katakana for “ebi” and hiragana for “zori”: “エビぞり”
(A) ebi 海老(P[rincipal]); 蝦
(B) sori 反り 【そり】 (n): "warp; curvature; curve; arch"
(iii) Uzumasa Limelight (translation: 太秦ライムライト) where “limelight” is translated into katakana.

太秦  Uzumasa
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/太秦
(京都市右京区の地名; 地名の由来には諸説ある)
(iv)
(A) blow (vi): “to talk windily”
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blow
(B) windy (adj): "VERBOSE, BOMBASTIC <a windy politician>”
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/windy

(c) "The quasi-autobiographical 'Uzumasa Limelight,' directed by Ken OCHIAI 落合 賢, is a story about a retiring kirareyaku who befriends a young actress played by Chihiro YAMAMOTO 山本 千尋. * * * the craft of the kirareyaku, which literally means 'the role of being slashed.' * * * 'Uzumasa' is a poetic term for Kyoto, Japan's ancient capital, which is also the mecca for samurai filmmakers."
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表