标签: 叙利亚军 斯雷布雷尼察 叙利亚政府军 炮弹 军事目标 杂谈        分类: 阿拉伯的故事
Final interview: Colvin describes deaths in Syria
最后的报道:Colvin在叙利亚描述死亡

来源:美联社
英文网址:
http://www.times-standard.com/ci_20019640
完成时间:2012-02-22,10:49:50(太平洋标准时间)
翻译:@skipper79 http://weibo.com/u/2077625315?topnav=1&wvr=3.6

LONDON—This is the text of American war reporter Marie Colvin's final interview, given to BBC television from the Syrian city of Homs the night before she was killed Wednesday. She was staying in a house in the neighborhood of Baba Amr. Reprinted with the permission of the BBC.
周三美国战地记者Marie Colvin被杀殉职,这是她殉职前一夜从叙利亚霍姆斯城向BBC电视台发来的最后报道。当时她正待在Baba Amr区的一栋建筑中。本文发布已获得BBC允许。

Marie Colvin: It's absolutely sickening. Just today shelling started at 6:30 in the morning. I counted 14 shells hitting this civilian area of Baba Amr within 30 seconds. There's a small clinic, you can't really call it a clinic. It's an apartment that has been turned into a clinic. You have plasma bags hanging from coathangers.
Marie Colvin:这简直糟糕透了。今天的炮击从早上六点半就开始了。我数了一下,在30秒中有14发炮弹落在Baba Amr的这个居民区。这里有个小诊所,都没法说它是诊所,就是一个房间被改作诊所。血袋就挂在衣架上。

There was just a constant stream of civilians. I watched a little baby die today. Absolutely horrific. A two-year-old had been hit, they stripped it and found the shrapnel had gone into the left chest. The doctor just said, 'I can't do anything.' His little tummy just kept heaving until he died. That is happening over and over and over.
这里人流不断。今天我看到一个小婴儿死去了。太可怕了。这个婴儿才两岁,脱下他的衣服后,看到弹片击中他的左胸。医生只是说:“我什么也做不了。”直到死去,他的小肚子还在起伏着。这样的事情不断、不断、不断地发生着。

No one here can understand how the international community can let this happen, particularly when we have an example of Srebrenica—shelling of a city, lots of investigations by the United Nations after that massacre, lots of vows to never let it happen again. There are 28,000 people in Baba Amr, in homes as I am, besieged. They are here because they can't get out. The Syrians will not let them out, and are shelling all the civilian areas.
没人清楚国际社会为什么让这种事情发生,特别是我们已经见识过斯雷布雷尼察的例子,那里城市遭炮轰,大屠杀后联合国做了很多调查研究,许多人发誓再也不让这种事情发生。在Baba Amr区有28,000人被围,就像我一样待在屋子里。他们待在这里是因为出不去。叙利亚(政府军)不让他们出去,并正在炮轰所有居民区。

Obviously there is Free Syrian Army here, they are very lightly armed.
显然自由叙利亚军在这里,他们武器简陋。

Kalashnikovs, and I've seen a few RPGs. They are essentially playing a defensive role. In fact people are terrified they will leave. There's just shells, rockets and tank fire pouring into civilian areas of this city, and it's just unrelenting.
有AK47,我还看到过RPG。他们基本处于守势。实际上这里的人怕得要死。炮弹、火箭、坦克炮对着这个城市的居民区不断猛炸。

BBC: Is it your sense this is in effect a 'scorched earth' policy on the part of the regime?
BBC:你认为这种情况实际上是当局的“焦土”政策吗?

Marie Colvin: I don't see what else it can be. There are no Free Syrian Army targets. They are scurrying from building to building. They control to a certain degree the perimeter. Today there was a foray by the Syrian Army, about seven tanks, about 30 foot soldiers. They did manage to keep them out, at huge cost.
Marie Colvin:我想不出还有别的解释。看不到自由叙利亚军。他们从一栋建筑转移到另一栋建筑,控制着一定地区。今天叙利亚政府军进行了一次突袭,派出的兵力是7辆坦克,还有约30名步兵。自由叙利亚军设法将他们赶了出去,但代价高昂。

But mostly what's happening is just shells, rockets coming in, just hitting any building. The top floor of the building I'm in was hit last week. The building next to me was just completely obliterated. All the streets I've been on, I have not seen one military target. There simply aren't any. And the wounded and dead I have seen, I would say, are about 80 percent civilians and of course Free Syrian Army fighters. It is shelling with impunity and merciless disregard for the civilians, who simply cannot escape.
不过这里大多数时候就是炮弹、火箭轰炸,任意一栋建筑被击中。上周我待的这栋房屋顶层就被击中过,而旁边的一栋已经完全成了废墟。在所有去过的大街,我没有发现任何军事目标。就是什么也没有。我已经看到的伤者和死者,我要说,大约80%是平民,当然也有自由叙利亚军战士。这种不受惩罚的炮击对平民毫无怜悯,平民连逃跑都不行。

(欢迎媒介转载、编译,请注明出处和译者)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表